APSCON 2016 Image competition – Print & Digital Files Entries close 30th April 2017
This competition, now in its 35th year, is to encourage conventioneers to display photographs taken at the previous APSCON for the interest of all members and to assist in publicising APSCON. The competition incorporates prints and digital images.
1. Entries will be accepted from those APS members who attended APSCON 2016.
2. Photographs taken at and during the Convention will be eligible including those taken during official pre or post Convention tours.
3. No entry fee is required but return postage MUST be sent.
4. Print entries must be sent post paid. A completed print entry form together with return postage, may be sent with the entries.
5. APS reserves the right to reproduce images on the APS web sites and in APS publications for the purpose of promoting its objectives.
6. The greatest care will be taken with entries, but no responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage.
7. All entries must have been exposed by the entrant but commercial processing is allowed.
Sections 1 and 4 - Open These sections cover all subjects including Pictorial, Nature, Photo-journalism and so on. Photographs of people who were in no way associated with the Convention belong in Sections 1 and 4.
Sections 2 and 5 - People of the Convention These sections are confined to photographs of conventioneers and any people assisting in organising, entertaining, performing official duties and the like. While this section will be judged pictorially, due consideration will be given to the value of the entry as a record, and also for any photo-journalistic emphasis.
Section 3 - Beginners Print Section This is a fun section for conventioneers of limited photographic experience. Un mounted prints covering any subject taken at the Convention can be entered.
Digital Images: A maximum of four images may be submitted in each of sections 4 and 5. Images may be e-mailed to Jeffrey Venning firstname.lastname@example.org Each image file should be submitted in sRGB format with files no larger than 1500kB, sized at a maximum of 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels.
Prints: A maximum of four prints, from 20 x 25 cm to 40x50 cm, monochrome or colour, in any photographic medium, may be submitted in each of sections 1 and 2 mounted on 16 x 20 inch mounts. A maximum of four un-mounted prints, maximum size of 20cm x 25cm, monochrome or colour in any photographic medium, may be submitted in section 3.
Several worthwhile book prizes will be awarded in each section. As many entered images as practicable will be offered for reproduction in IMAGE.
Entries close on 30th April 2017 and entries will be held for APSCON 2017, where the digital images will be screened and prints (all if possible) will be displayed. Entries will be returned within two weeks after the Convention. A panel of approved judges will be appointed.
Forward PRINT and DIGITAL entries by 30th April 2017 to:
APSCON 2016 - Image Competition
36 Herbert Street
WHYALLA SA 5600