- General Info
- File Format
You are invited to enter the Digital Summer Competition 2017.
- Entries will be accepted from Digital Group members.
- There is no charge for entry to this competition.
- Entries and entrant details can only be accepted electronically via the entry form on the website.
- A maximum of four images may be submitted in each section.
- No Image shall be entered in more than one section of the competition. An image accepted in a previous Digital Group competition may not be entered in the same or a different section of a subsequent Digital Group competition.
- All images must have been taken by the Entrant. Images must have a photographic origin and entrants must hold the copyright for the images. Permission to reproduce entries for publicity and distribution purposes will be assumed but the author retains the copyright to their images.
- Each entrant will receive a report of the judging results forwarded to the email address supplied on the entry form.
- There are 2 sections; OPEN and PHOTO TRAVEL.
Competition Organiser - Robert Dettman AFIAP Email Robert >>
Thanks to our three judges who will judge both sections.
Peter Kewley AAPS SSAPS
Keith Seidel AFIAP FAPS SSAPS
There are TWO sections
Any subject treated pictorially and embodying the elements of good design, arrangement or composition, which reflects the personal interpretation of the photographer.
An image that expresses the feeling of a time and place, portrays a land, its people, or a culture in its natural state, and has no geographical limitations.
Entries Open - 21st February 2017
Entries Close - 14th March 2017
Judging Starts - 17th March 2017
Judging Finishes - 31st March 2017
Results to be announced - 7th April 2017
Winning entries will be publicised in newsletters and on the website.
Winning entries and acceptances will be displayed on TV monitors at APSCON.
Digital Group committee will select a number of images which will be printed and displayed at APSCON at no cost to the entrant. This is an encouragement prize for members who have not achieved recognition in the past but whose work shows promise.
The only requirement for file naming is that it must not have more than 48 characters including spaces and the .jpg extension.
- Maximum horizontal dimension: 1600 pixels
- Maximum vertical dimension: 1200 pixels
- Maximum file size: 1500 kilobytes
- Format: sRGB JPEG
Images that don't comply with these requirements will be automatically rejected by the upload system.
Adjust rejected images so that they comply and resubmit.
For judging purposes images will be displayed exactly as submitted. Organisers will not alter, resize or rotate images.
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure uploaded images and accompanying data are correct. Images and accompanying entry details which do not meet the entry criteria may be rejected for judging.