A quick overview of the management structure of the Australian Photographic Society
The Management Team is a two-tiered system of governance.
The Management Committee (MC) comprises 7 individuals with voting rights. All members of this MC team are encouraged to participate in full discussion in the general meetings.
The MC comprises of an Executive Committee - President, Senior Vice President, Junior Vice President, Treasurer and Immediate Past President. The other 2 positions are General Members.
The Society has 5 Specialist Groups - Audio Visual, Contemporary, Digital, Nature and Print. Each Group has a member of MC allocated to them as a Liaison Officer whose role it is to liaise between the Group and MC.
Position of General Member
- Uphold the Rules of Association.
- Strive to continually improve the organisation's policy, activities and administration.
- Represent the Society to the outside world.
- Sound out suitable persons as to their willingness to stand for office or other capacities.
Additionally, it would be anticipated the General Member of the Management Committee applicant would:
- Have managerial experience, whether senior, middle or supervisory or business experience that would assist the Society in all matters from a business and/or managerial perspective.
- Possess the ability to understand the sometimes confronting issues that affect the Society, be able to analyse these issues in a constructive manner and act decisively after taking into account the opinions of others on the Management Team.
- Have the ability to accept the inevitable technological advances and how they can be integrated into our procedures to benefit the society. Similarly be able to think outside the square a little and be able to introduce new ideas for discussion.
- Participate in the general meetings and teleconference.
- Attend APSCON (the Society annual convention) if possible.
- Have computer and internet access and be prepared to use it for communication between the Management Team (both email and web).
Please consider if you have:
- Adequate time to this position justice.
- A genuine interest in voluntary committee work.
- A genuine interest in the objectives of the Society.
- An independent mind.
- The ability to make decisions based on principles rather than on personalities.
- Good standing in the community.
If you wish, please view the Rules of Association here.