A quick overview of the management structure of the Australian Photographic Society
The Management Team is a two tiered system of governance.
The Management Committee (MC) comprises 7 individuals with voting rights. All members of this MC team are encouraged to participate in full discussion in the general meetings.
The MC comprises of an Executive Committee - President, Senior Vice President, Junior Vice President and Immediate Past President. The other 3 positions are General Members. It is anticipated the General Members will have a portfolio.
The Society has 4 Group - Audio Visual, Contemporary, Nature and Print. Each Group Chairman has automatic placement as an ED. The MC may constitute subcommittees at any time and may, at their discretion, give the Chairman of the Subcommittee a place on the ED.
Position of the APS National Exhibitions Coordinator
This position will be responsible as the APS Exhibitions Coordinator . The APS National Exhibitions Coordinator will oversee the running of the National Exhibitions including but not limited to the APS National Exhibition and ADPA.
- Uphold the Rules of Association.
- Strive to continually improve the organisation's policy, activities and administration.
- Represent the Society to the outside world.
The applicant will be expected to:
- Set dates for exhibition - Opening and closing, judging period and announcement of results.
- Set price
- Choose set subjects. The set subjects for the annual APS National always are the same as for the Four Nations Inter-Society Competition so that images can flow through to it.
- Choose judges and contact them. A minimum of two judges for each panel shall have a good knowledge of the section to be judged.
- Fill out the APS Approval application (APS Patronage/Exhibition Approval (a-p-s.org.au). In the judges field include all judges names, relevant honours/credentials, and the section they will be judging.
- Ensure that all rules are up-to-date and applicable.
- Contact the office to update the upload site for the Exhibition.
- Contact the APS Office to organise promotion. When the first round of judging is complete, the coordinator will be needed to attend the Zoom session where the awards are chosen by the judges.
- Follow up with Colin from MyPhotoClub to ensure that the catalogue is prepared.
- Contact medal winners for addresses of where to send the medals. Pass this information to the office to mail out the medals/awards.
- Give APS office to the catalogue to be placed on the APS website and results have been sent to the e-News editor.
- Have computer and internet access and be prepared to use it for communication between the Management Team (both email and web).
Please consider if you have:
- Adequate time to do this position justice.
- A genuine interest in voluntary committee work.
- A genuine interest in the objectives of the Society.
- Good standing in the community.
Please view the pdf Rules of Association (415 KB) .