A quick overview of the management structure of the Australian Photographic Society
The Management Team is a two tiered system of governance.
The Management Committee (MC) comprises 7 individuals with voting rights. All members of this MC team are encouraged to participate in full discussion in the general meetings.
The MC comprises of an Executive Committee - President, Senior Vice President, Junior Vice President and Immediate Past President. The other 3 positions are General Members. It is anticipated the General Members will have a portfolio.
The Society has 6 Groupa - Audio Visual, Contemporary, Digital, Nature and Youth. Each Group Chairman has automatic placement as an ED. The MC may constitute subcommittees at any time and may, at their discretion, give the Chairman of the Subcommittee a place on the ED.
Position of the FIAP Liaison Officer
This position is responsible as the FIAP Liaison Officer. It may be an MC or ED portfolio, at the discretion of the Management Committee.
Nationals and Internationals are held throughout Australia and worldwide. Internationals have been endorsed by FIAP. The FIAP Liaison Officer will be expected to liaise between FIAP and the APS Management.
Primarily the applicant will need to:
- Uphold the Constitution of the Society.
- Strive to continually improve the organisation's policy, activities and administration.
- Represent the Society to the outside world.
The applicant will be expected to:
- Be the direct link between FIAP and APS Management.
- Distribute FIAP documents as necessary.
- Be prepared to be considered as a member of the Management Team, therefore it will be expected for the applicant to participate in general meetings.
- Have computer and internet access and be prepared to use it for communication between the Management Team (both email and web).
Please consider if you have:
- Adequate time to this position justice.
- A genuine interest in voluntary committee work.
- A genuine interest in the objectives of the Society.
- Good standing in the community.
If you wish, please view the APS Constitution here.