APS Photo Walk Day 2023
|Start Date||6 May, 2023|
|End Date||6 May, 2023|
|Individual Price||$ 5 Individuals, $20 Team/Club|
JUMP TO PHOTO WALK DAY 2022 IMAGES
Families can be seen in many ways and a contemporary and broad definition of a Family is one where people choose who is in their Family and they choose what their Family structure looks like. In this context, what makes a ‘Family’ is that the members of this group share emotional bonds, common values, goals and responsibilities and choose to see themselves as a Family. From a social perspective this is an opportunity for APS Photo Walk Day participants to show the diversity of ‘Family’ in a modern, tolerant and inclusive Australia.
APS acknowledges that not everyone is comfortable or interested in photographing people so to be inclusive to our participants, a Family can also be depicted by the ‘family’ connection within a group of animals or birds.
What is most important is that your image portrays a sense of Family, that there is some connection between the subject in your photographs. Don’t be limited by a definition, be inspired by an emotion and feeling of what Family is in everyday life.
Images must be captured on the day and metadata must be included.
1. Individual Walkers: An individual participant must submit 4 images.
2. Team/Club Entry: A team/club must submit 20 images.
a) A team/club can comprise no less than 2 members and no more than 20 members.
b) A team/club can be a Club Name (eg: GCPS) if it is representing a Club or
c) A made-up name (eg: The Clever Photography Team/Club)
d) Each team member must contribute at least one image.
e) Teams/Clubs are encouraged to share image submission amongst the Team/Club; however, team members do not have to submit an equal number of images (eg: in a team/club of 5 members contribution may be 7 images, 5 images, 4 images, 3 images and 1 image or any combination making 20 images in total)
- Wednesday 3rd May: Guest Presenter online 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Saturday 6th May: Photo Walk Day
- Monday 15th May: Images need to be uploaded
- Wednesday 24th May: Results announced (online event)
- Winning Team: 10 x $50 Momento Pro to be shared amongst the team
- Winning Individual: 1 x $150 Momento Pro voucher
- Vicki Moritz EFIAP/d2 APSEM/g MPSA2
- John Lomas LAPS SSAPS
- The intent is to capture (4 or 20) images in-camera on the day.
- Images must be captured on 6th May 2023 and metadata must be included with the images.
- All elements must have been photographed by the entrant/s and images submitted must be 100% photographic in origin, including textures, backgrounds, skies, etc. The use of stock images or clip art is forbidden.
- Any photo stacking, over-under exposure of multiple images or similar activities must occur in camera.
- Post processing must be of the individual image taken and composite, stacked, panorama or other similar actions must only occur in-camera and cannot be created in post-processing.
- Triptychs or similar multiple images incorporated into one image are not eligible.
- No team/club member or individual is permitted to enter more than once (for example: if a member has images entered in a team entry they may not enter as an individual).
- Images may only be entered once, and mono conversions will be considered as the same image.
- The Judge’s decision is final and no appeal of the judges decisions will be permitted
Each image is scored and the sum of the 4 images is the Individual’s Score (the same as previous years)
The Team/Club Scores
- The Team/Club submission will be given an overall score
- Judges will look at the Teams 20 images and take into consideration
- The overall technical quality and consistency of the images
- The story or connection between the images and how they relate to the overall Theme
- $5 per Individual Walker.
- $20 per Team/Club Entry.
For 2023 APS and the Foundation for Rural and Regional Renewal (FRRR) have collaborated to provide potential opportunities for Participant images to be used to support FRRR events and activities. FRRR is a not-for profit community-based organisation that focuses on regional and rural community needs and solutions.
As a Participant your images may not be selected; however, if selected the following will occur
- Your email/phone details will be provided to FRRR
- FRRR may contact you to ask for a different file configuration for use with social media or other publications
- Your images will remain your copyright; however, if published in any way you will be credited as follows
- APS Member: ‘photographer name’ (for APS Members)
- APS Photo Walk Day Participant: ‘photographer name’ (for non-members)
- You will not be paid or remunerated in anyway if your image/s are selected and published.
If you are part of a Club submission, the Club Photo Walk Day contact/coordinator will be the first point of contact by FRRR.
If you are approached by FRRR to use one of your images you may choose
- not to provide an image
- have your image used only for free online and printed publications, social media opportunities with FRRR campaigns and activities furthering FRRR’s charitable purposes.
- have your image used in accordance with 2. and with commercial activities such as published calendars or festive cards.
JUMP TO PHOTO WALK DAY 2022 IMAGES
|Brian Rope||1||Photo Arts Club Tweed||1|
|Jane Flood||2||Brisbane Camera Group||2|
|Sara Spearpoint||2||CPCA Photography Interest Group||3|
|Cherry Cole||3||Whittlesea Photography Club||4|
|Greg McMillan||4||Waverley Camera Club||5|
|Melissa Alderton||5||C.ex Coffs Camera Club||6|
|Helen Carpenter||6||Melbourne Camera Club||7|
|Castlemaine Camera Club||8|
|Hervey Bay Photography Club||9|
|Wollongong Camera Club||10|
|U3A Boonah Photography Club||11|
|Northern Exposure Photographers Group||12|
|Eastern Suburbs Camera Club||13|
APS Photo Walk Day 2022 Image Galleries