- Conditions of Entry
- Judging & Judges
- Results Awards & Exhibition
- Entry Fee & Payment
Audio Visual enthusiasts worldwide are cordially invited to enter the;
Adelaide AV Fest International Audio Visual Festival
The entry form for the Adelaide AV Fest, an International with FIAP and APS approval, is now available by clicking the "Download Fiche" on right this page.
The festival will be judged from Thursday 22nd – Saturday24th April 2021, with a Gala Presentation of awarded sequences to follow on Sunday 25th April.
AV Fest is held biennially and is arguably the largest FIAP-approved AV festival in the world, with 149 entries in the 2019 festival.
All APS members and Audio Visual enthusiasts are invited to submit entries.
Inquiries can be made to:
The Director, 2021 Adelaide AV Fest,
73 Rutherglen Ave
VALLEY VIEW SA 5093
Telephone: +61 (08) 8261 3209
Mobile: +61 (0)407 973 114
There is only one category, which is “Open”.
Entrants are encouraged to explore the photographic medium and to use it to communicate their own personal vision incorporating feeling, senses and imagination to the viewer. The photography is not restricted in any way, either in subject matter or in the manipulation allowed during the taking or reproduction stages of the photography. The sequence must be based totally on photographic images. Video clips can be accepted within a sequence if relevant to the story and not prevailing over fixed images. Photographic images can shift or be zoomed on the screen.
Entry is open to single entrants, groups and clubs. All participants must be disclosed on the entry form.
In line with FIAP requirements, authors must be alive at the time and date of entering the festival.
Entrants may submit up to four AVs, with a maximum time of 12 minutes for any sequence and a maximum combined time of 30 minutes.
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations which have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
Submission of an entry implies that the entrant has obtained any necessary licences or permission to use any copyright material included in the sequence. Archival third party images, irrespective of their source, should be used only where it would have been impossible for the producer of the AV to have made the image him or herself. All third party images must be appropriately identified and credited.
From 1024 x 768 pix (4:3 aspect ratio) up to 1920 x 1080 pix (16:9 aspect ratio) may be submitted.
The file size of a sequence must not exceed 500Mb. Sequences not meeting this requirement will not be judged.
Sequences must be in a format which allows them to be played on a PC without the need for the software which created them, and should close automatically once finished.
AVs may contain the entrant’s name and should acknowledge the work of other artists (e.g. music).
AVs are to be submitted via an internet service provider such as www.wetransfer.com, etc. to the following address: email@example.com
Email a copy of your entry form to firstname.lastname@example.org
so that we can follow up on the arrival of your file transfer.
Enquire if you do not get an email by 8 April 2021 confirming receipt of your entry.
Entries not received by the closing date will not be judged.
|Entries Close||2 April 2021
|Live judging in Adelaide (no preselection)||22-24 April 2021
|Gala Presentation in Adelaide||25 April 2021
|Results emailed||16 May 2021|
|Awards posted||31 May 2021|
All entries will be projected on a big screen for judging. Multiple entries by the same author will be randomised. There will be no preselection.
Jill Sneesby MPSA FPSSA ESFIAP MFIAP AV-FPSSA
Sally Hinton EFIAP PPSA MAPS AV-AAPS
FIAP Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will awarded respectively to the top three sequences overall in the Festival. APS Medals and Plaques will be available for judges to award, at their discretion, for attributes such as humour, concept, use of video etc. Awards will also be presented for Best Sound, Best Original Script, Most Creative Imagery, Best Australian Entrant, and Runner Up, Best Australian Entrant.
- The jury may award up to eight FIAP Honourable Mention ribbons, eight APS Merit Ribbons, and FIAP acceptances in line with FIAP requirements.
- The jury may also award APS National acceptances to Australian entrants.
- Entrants will be advised of results by email.
- Every entrant will receive an electronic copy of the catalogue and acceptance cards.
- Results will be published on the APS website: www.a-p-s.org.au
- A Gala Presentation of awarded works will be held on Sunday 25th April 2021 in Adelaide.
- Submission of an entry implies permission by the author for the sequence to be shown in public at the abovementioned event.
$A20.00 per sequence
Payments may be made by cheque or by electronic transfer to:
Adelaide AV Festival
BSB: 105 086
Account number: 053376740
- Use your surname and name + "AV Fest" as reference on the bank transfer.
- Please include proof of payment with your entry form where electronic transfer is used.
- $A20.00 per sequence via PayPal to email@example.com
- Do not pay in other currencies or by EFT.
- Entries without full payment in $A will not be judged.
- UK entrants may, by prior arrangement, pay their fees through Ian Bateman (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will forward a single payment to Adelaide AV Fest on behalf of all such entrants.
Your data transfer must contain one folder comprising the following files:
- A FIAP Fiche completed for each sequence, with a file name corresponding with the sequence
- Your AVs with files named correctly, i.e. sequence file has number and title only
e.g. 01 Opera House.exe, 02 Mardigras.mp4
- A small portrait(s) of author(s) included as 512 x 768px jpg saved as e.g. Tom Jones.jpg
- A flyer or poster for each sequence entered (800 x 600px jpg portrait or landscape format) saved as e.g. Opera House.jpg
- A summary in English of each of the audio visual works entered.
- Proof of payment with your name as reference (EFT for Australian entrants and PayPal for entrants from abroad).