9TH APS NATIONAL EXHIBITION NATURE 2023
aps aproval no. 2023/25
By entering this national your images may be used for the APS entry into the prestigious 2024 FIAP Nature Biennial.
|Open||18th August 2023|
|Close||22nd October 2023|
|Judging Commences||27th October 2023|
|Reports by||30th November 2023|
The nature definition applies to all catagories
A. OPEN NATURE
Four images allowed per section.
• Presented to the Gold, Silver, and Bronze placing in each section (Herbert Medallions)
• Silver plaque for the most successful exhibitor
• At the discretion of the judges, acceptances in each section, which have not received a placing, may be awared a Merit or Highly Commended.
Graeme Watson EFIAP/d3 GMPSA ASPEM/b ESAPS SAPS
Margaret O’Grady EFIAP/s GMAPS SAPS PSQA
Ann Smallgange EFIAP/g GMAPS EPSA
• The filename must not have more than 48 characters including spaces and the .jpg extension. Do not include any other information in the filename or on the image.
• The maximum horizontal dimension is 1920 pixels and the maximum vertical dimension is 1200 pixels for each image, inclusive of any border.
• Each image file should be in the sRGB. JPEG-format for IBM-PC and a maximum of 2mb in file size.
• IMAGES should be EITHER 1920 pixels wide (horizontal), OR 1200 pixels high (vertical), OR 1200 pixels wide and high (square), depending on orientation.
• IMAGE TITLES - Each image must have a unique title. Images without a title will not be judged. Images must not include “.jpg” or “.jpeg” in the main title. Examples:
✅ “titlexxxx.jpg” is acceptable
❌ “titlexxxjpg.jpg” is not acceptable
❌ “titlexxx.jpg.jpg” is not acceptable
Words such as “untitled” or “no title” are not acceptable as part of or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.
Titles must use the English alphabet and can contain no more than 90 characters (including spaces). Image titles may be in a foreign language, but the English alphabet must be used.
The titles of digital images should be exactly as you want them to appear in the catalogue.
No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image or print mount. or in the exif data
• For judging purposes images will be displayed exactly as submitted and as such the image should be uploaded in the correct orientation. Organizers will not alter, resize or rotate images. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure uploaded images and accompanying data are correct. Images and their accompanying entry details which do not meet the entry criteria may be rejected for judging.
DEFINITIONS & ENTRY
Definitions and entry can be found on the entry and upload site: www.apsnature.myphotoclub.com.au
$10 for APS members, $30.00 for non-APS members.
For any enquiries relating to the exhibition rules or information please contact: Brian Russell EFIAP FAPS - Exhibition Director >>
For any enquiries relating to the entrance fees please contact: Stella Fava, APS Secretary Tel. 02 9890 9795 or Stella Fava >>