You are required to hold a FIAP Photographers Card to:
- Apply for FIAP Distinctions
- Attend a FIAP Congress
- Participate in a FIAP Photographers Meeting
The process to purchase a FIAP Photographers Card differs depending on whether you are applying for your first card or replacing a card. It also differs depending on whether you already hold FIAP Distinctions or not. Please follow the directions below, according to your particular scenario.
NOTE that people who already hold FIAP Distinctions may only process a FIAP Card application over a 4 week time frame. This will be in March and will be publicised to APS members.
Anyone wishing to purchase or replace a FIAP Photographers Card needs to have a MyFiap profile/login. You also require a MyFIAP profile if you are applying for FIAP Distinctions. A MyFIAP profile is set up once only and retained for life. If you don’t already have a MyFIAP FIAP Photographers profile, this is your first step.
- Go to www.myfiap.net/user/register/fp.
- A short instructional video re setting up your profile and ordering FIAP Cards can be found there. Watch the video before proceeding.
- You will need to upload a profile photo of yourself. This photo will also be used for your FIAP Card if you need to order one.
- You will be allocated a FIAP Photographers number (FP profile number). You should store this and your password carefully for future login in to the MyFIAP website. You will also need to cite your FP number on any future FIAP Distinctions application.
Purchasing Your First FIAP Card
This will apply to those intending to apply for their first FIAP Distinctions. It will also apply to those who wish to attend the FIAP events mentioned above, who do not hold FIAP Distinctions. As you do not hold FIAP Distinctions, you can apply for this card at any time of year......BUT for AFIAP applicants applying in 2021 please wait until at least a week or two into January 2021 as the card processing is relocating to another FIAP Official in another country and it is best to pause until this transition has occurred!!
If you are applying for your first FIAP Distinction, DO NOT apply for a card until you are about to lodge your application and are sure you are eligible for the Distinction AFIAP.
- Set up your MyFIAP profile as above.
- Order and pay for your card, plus postage, directly through that website. FIAP will post the card direct to your home address.
- You will also be emailed your FIAP Photographer Card Number immediately after purchasing your card. This is a different number to the FIAP Photographers Number (FP Profile Number, ) you received when you set up your MyFIAP login. The emails containing your FP number and FIAP Card number, and the physical card when it arrives in the mail, should be stored carefully as you will need these two numbers every time you lodge a FIAP Distinctions application and will need your FIAP Card number to attend FIAP events. It is costly to replace a FIAP card so don’t lose it!!
Have Gained New FIAP Distinctions - Updating your Distinctions on your FIAP Card
From 2021, all applicants who achieve a new Distinction will receive a replacement FIAP Photographers Card from FIAP with the Distinctions on the card updated. This will happen automatically with no need to place an order and no further payment. The cards will be sent to the APS office from where they will be posted to you. At the time of applying for your Distinctions, you should ensure you are happy with your profile photo on the myfiap website as this is the photo FIAP will use on your FIAP Card. If you wish to change the photo, please do so before the 28th Feb closing date for Distinctions!
You Have FIAP Distinctions and are Replacing a Lost or Old FIAP Card
A new type of FIAP Card became available in 2016. The previous card is still valid and can be used to apply for Distinctions or attend FIAP Events. You can replace your old card with the new card type if you would like to but it’s not free. As you have Distinctions, your replacement card must be lodged via your MyFIAP login and paid via APS. These orders will only be processed by APS once a year in March. Please set up a MyFIAP profile, if you don’t already have one, and follow steps on myfiap to place the order. The fee will need to be paid via APS via the online FIAP Card Payment form in the FIAP area of the website. This form will only be visible during March. If you are applying for a new Distinction, purchase a replacement card as you will automatically receive a replacement with your new Distinctions on it.
You Do Not Hold Distinctions and are Replacing a Lost FIAP Card
This will only apply to those wishing to attend one of the above mentioned FIAP events, who held a card and lost it. You need to set up a MyFIAP profile, if you don’t already have one. As you do not hold FIAP Distinctions, you purchase and pay for your card directly by logging in to your myfiap profile. Follow the same steps above as for “Purchasing Your First FIAP Card”. You can apply for this card at any time of year.