- General Info
- File Format
- Summer 2018 Gallery
OPEN 22 NOVEMBER 2017
You are invited to enter the Digital Summer Competition 2018.
- Entries will be accepted from Digital Group members only.
- There is no charge for entry to this competition.
- Entries and entrant details can only be accepted electronically via the entry form on the website.
- A maximum of four images may be submitted in each section.
- No Image shall be entered in more than one section of the competition. An image accepted in a previous Digital Group competition may not be entered in the same or a different section of a subsequent Digital Group competition.
- All images must have been taken by the Entrant. Images must have a photographic origin and entrants must hold the copyright for the images. Permission to reproduce entries for publicity and distribution purposes will be assumed but the author retains the copyright to their images.
- Each entrant will receive a report of the judging results forwarded to their APS registered email.
- There are 2 sections; OPEN and NATURE.
Competition Organiser - Robert Dettman AFIAP Email Robert >>
Thanks to our three judges who will judge both sections.
Bob Britcher AFIAP AAPS
Margaret O’Grady EFIAP/b GMAPS
Sue Slater EFIAP/b GMAPS
Reserve judge Tina Dial EFIAP/s MAPS PPSA
There are TWO sections
Any subject treated pictorially and embodying the elements of good design, arrangement or composition, which reflects the personal interpretation of the photographer.
An image depicting untamed animals, uncultivated plants or geological phenomena not produced by man. Any manipulation of the original image is limited to minor retouching of blemishes and must not alter the content of the original scene.
This Competition is now CLOSED
Entries Open - 22th November 2017
Entries Close - 17th December 2017
Judging Starts - 19th December 2017
Judging Finishes - 23rd December 2017
Results to be announced - 16th January 2018
Winning entries will be publicised on the website with acknowledgement and links posted to the Friends of APS Facebook group.
Winning entries and acceptances will be displayed on TV monitors at APSCON 2018.
The only requirement for file naming is that it must not have more than 48 characters including spaces and the .jpg extension.
• Maximum horizontal dimension: 1600 pixels
• Maximum vertical dimension: 1200 pixels
• Maximum file size: 5mb / 5000 kb
• Format: sRGB JPEG
Images that don't comply with these requirements will be automatically rejected by the upload system.
The entrant should adjust rejected images so that they comply and resubmit.
For judging purposes images will be displayed exactly as submitted.
Organisers will not alter, resize or rotate images.
It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure uploaded images and accompanying data are correct. Images and accompanying entry details which do not meet the entry criteria may be rejected for judging.