- The Mullins Conceptual Photography Prize ("Prize") is an annual photography competition administered in partnership between the Australian Photographic Society ("Prize Partners") and the Muswellbrook Regional Arts Centre ("Centre").
- One acquisitive prize will be awarded to the value of $15,000, paid by the Prize Partners.
- Entry to the Prize is open to all persons, aged 16 years and over, residing within Australia for at least a minimum of six months immediately prior to the close of entry to the Prize.
- Employees of the Muswellbrook Shire Council ("Council"), Adjudicators, and their immediate family members are not eligible to Prize Management Team Members and their partners are not eligible to enter.
- By entering the Prize, the entrant warrants they meet the eligibility requirements, and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions, of the Prize.
- Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in entering or as a Finalist or Acquisitive Winner of the Prize. Entrants will not be reimbursed regardless of whether or not they are selected as a Finalist or Acquisitive Winner.
- All sections of the entry form must be completed to be eligible. Submissions are via the online entry form only.
- There is no limit to the number of submissions per Photographer.
- Each entry is to be accompanied by one work image, free of watermarks, as a JPEG, PNG, GIF or TIFF file, up to 50mb.
- Each entry is to be accompanied by a work statement of a maximum of 500 characters in length.
- Where required by law, the entrant warrants that they have obtained the written consent of all persons whose likeness appears in a work submitted to the Where information is disclosed about any person in the work statement, the entrant must also obtain permission for that information to be used in conjunction with the work. Consent must include the use of the work and work statement by the Prize, the Centre and the Prize Partners in all media in perpetuity. Where a person is not able to legally give consent (for example, for reasons of age or administration), entrants are required to obtain the consent of someone who is able to give consent on their behalf. Prize Finalists are required to provide written evidence of consent.
- All work entered must be for sale. The final sale price must be inclusive of 35% Centre sales commission along with any relevant agent fees and commissions and GST if applicable. For represented Photographers, please advise your gallerist or agent for each entry.
- An entry fee of $25.00 (GST inclusive) for each work submitted must be paid upon entry.The theme for the Prize is Conceptual Photography that is, photography that illustrates an abstract idea and/or emtion.
- The theme for the Prize is Conceptual Photography that is, photography that illustrates an abstract idea and/or emotion.
- Work must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe any copyright, moral right or other rights of any person.
- Work must have been completed in the 12 months immediately prior to the close of entry to the Prize.
- Work must not have been previously shown at the Centre.
- Work must not exceed an overall measurement of 200cm on any side or 20cm in depth, including the Work may consist of more than one image or part.
- Means of work presentation are unrestricted, and work may include elements of collage and/or mixed media; however, the work must be a still work that has substantially been produced by photographic means, inclusive of analogue and digital photography.
- By completing the entry form and making the work available, the entrant warrants that the work is the sole and unencumbered property of the entrant and there is no inhibition or restriction upon title passing to the Council in the event the work is a winning work.
- On payment of Prize monies, the winning work will become the absolute property of Council and enter the Muswellbrook Shire Art Collection.Photographers must allow use of the work and work statement by the Prize, the Centre and the Prize Partners in all media in All necessary acknowledgements of authorship will be duly made. Copyright of the work and work statement will remain the property of the Photographer.
- Photographers must allow use of the work and work statement by the Prize, the Centre and the Prize Partners in all media in perpetuity. All necessary acknowledgements of authorship will be duly made. Copyright of the work and work statement will remain the property of the Photographer.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS
- Images of works will be viewed by the Adjudicators who will select Prize Finalists. The decisions of the Adjudicators shall be final, and no communication will be entered into regarding such decisions, inclusive of feedback.
- Images of works will be judged with respect to the following guiding principles of artistic expression:
- Aesthetic value
- Design, composition and visual elements
- Selection and application of materials
- Skill and technique
- Creativity and originality
- Fulfilled intent
- Integration of materials, technique and expression
- Satisfies the requirements of the Muswellbrook Shire Art Collection Policy
- Finalists will be notified via, and published on, the relevant Centre and Prize Partners managed forum(s) consistent with the manner in which the Prize entry and promotion has been conducted.
- Finalists' work must be delivered during opening hours to the Centre by the date nominated by the Centre.
- A valid ABN or Statement by a Supplier form is required with the supply of Finalists' work where an ABN has not been previously provided.
- Work must be ready for Framed work must be supplied with D-rings or L-hooks. Unframed work must be left unmounted for pinning. Council reserves the right to alter a work's hanging system to suit the Centre's hanging system.
- The greatest possible care will be taken of all work submitted; however, Council does not accept any liability for the loss or damage of any work howsoever Work shall at all times be at the sole risk of the Finalist.
- Every effort will be made to exhibit all Finalist works; however, Council is not bound to exhibit any entry. The exhibition of works shall be at the absolute discretion of Council, which may take into account the recommendation of the Adjudicators. No reasons will be given, or communication entered into with regard to the Adjudicator's recommendation or Council's decision.
- Photographers are expected to pay all charges involved in the despatch of works to and return from the All Photographers shall arrange adequate insurance for their works in transit to and from the Centre.
- The Acquisitive Prize Winner is selected by the Adjudicators. The decisions of the Adjudicators shall be final, and no communication will be entered into regarding such decisions, inclusive of Works will be judged with respect to the guiding principles of artistic expression specified in clause 25 of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Acquisitive Prize Winner will be notified via, and published on, the relevant Centre and Prize Partners managed forum(s) consistent with the manner in which the Prize entry and promotion has been conducted.
COLLECTION OF WORK
- Following close of the exhibition, unsold works must be collected during opening hours by the Photographer or their agent by no later than the date nominated by the Centre, acting Entrants acknowledge that works uncollected by the nominated date will be managed in accordance with the Uncollected Goods Act.